Blogger Inserts XML Tags in Source Code Listing

I recently did a post on how to use SyntaxHighlighter in Blogger Dynamic Views.
Everything was working great except in some my posts I started seeing these strange closing XML tags. I would remove the tags and soon as I updated the post these phantom tags would return. I finally figured out what the problem was. It was happening in some of my C# listings and I noticed that the common item with each listing was that they were using C# Generics.  So if in my source code I had something like
List<myObject>
, Blogger would insert a closing
</myObject>
at the end of the source code. The solution was to go into the HTML editor and replace an opening bracket with &lt;.  So in the previous example the source code would be
List&lt;myObject>
 Problem solved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Claims in ASP.NET Identity

Seeding & Customizing ASP.NET MVC SimpleMembership

Customizing Claims for Authorization in ASP.NET Core 2.0